Issaquah Dentistry Providing Bad Breath Treatment
Bad breath can cause embarrassment and damage your self-confidence, especially if it's chronic. Fortunately, with proper dental care and some helpful home remedies, bad breath can be conquered. Because oral bacteria is the most common cause of bad breath, the main way to prevent the problem is through regular trips to see Dr. Cristescu and good home hygiene habits. Other causes include foods, smoking, dry mouth, medications, gum disease, and sinus conditions.
One way to reduce your bad breath is by visiting Dr. Cristescu in Issaquah, Washington. Dental visits allow us to remove plaque and tartar and treat gum disease, all of which can contribute to bad breath. Few people know that gum disease can cause bad breath, so if you're experiencing bad breath, make sure to come in for an exam.
We can also provide you with education on how to fight bad breath. Recommendations include:
- Floss: Food particles stuck between teeth emit a foul odor as they decay – need we say more?
- Scrape: A tongue scraper will remove bacteria trapped beneath taste buds.
- Rinse: Many commercial mouth rinses temporarily freshen breath, but rinsing with a baking soda or peroxide solution can help fight odor-causing bacteria.
- Change Your Toothbrush: Avoid spreading bad bacteria by replacing your toothbrush every three months.
- Wet Your Whistle: Sipping water throughout the day prevents dehydration and washes away vagrant food particles.
- Avoid Certain Beverages: Coffee, beer, wine, and whiskey top the list of liquid offenders.
- Use Breath Fresheners: Keep some fresh sprigs of parsley or mint leaves at your disposal as quick, natural breath fresheners. Cloves, cardamom, and fennel also have odor-fighting powers.
Contact us and make an appointment for bad breath treatment. Our office serves Issaquah, Redmond, Bellevue, Seattle, Sammamish, and surrounding Washington communities.