Children’s Dentistry in Issaquah
If you need a kind, gentle, and patient family dentist in Issaquah to care for your child’s smile, Dr. Alexandra Cristescu is the best choice. At our office, we offer family dentistry for kids of all ages. Learn more about our family and children’s dentistry services below, or contact us now to schedule your child’s first appointment at Eastside Family Dentistry.
When To Start Bringing Your Children To The Dentist
Not sure when you should start bringing your kids to see the dentist? It’s earlier than you may think! The AAPD (American Academy for Pediatric Dentistry) suggests that parents bring their kids to a dentist when they turn one year old, or whenever their first tooth comes out.
Seeing a dentist from such a young age helps your child become more familiar with the process, reduces their likelihood of developing dental anxiety, and also encourages your little one to develop excellent, lifelong oral health habits.
Convenience For The Whole Family
At Eastside Family Dentistry, we offer a full range of dental services for patients of all ages. As a family dentist, Dr. Cristescu can treat infants, toddlers, older kids, pre-teens and teenagers, young adults, older adults, and seniors with expert dental care. We’re a “one-stop-shop” for your whole family!
Dental Services For Children
At our office, Dr. Cristescu offers a wide variety of dental services for kids of all ages. Our dental services for kids include:
- Teeth Cleanings, Oral Exams & X-Rays – Six-month teeth cleanings and oral exams are critical for tracking your child’s oral development and avoiding cavities. We also provide x-rays for kids every 12 months. We will only take x-rays of your child’s mouth if Dr. Cristescu believes them to be necessary, and you approve the procedure.
- Fillings & Crowns – Cavities are a big problem in kids, and most children will develop at least one serious cavity in their baby or adult teeth as they grow up. With a filling or crown, Dr. Cristescu can restore your child’s tooth, provide them with relief from pain and sensitivity, and keep their smile healthy.
- Fluoride Treatments – Fluoride treatments can help protect against cavities, and even reverse “soft spots,” the first stage of tooth decay. This treatment can be done as part of your child’s six-month visit at our office. Dr. Cristescu will apply a thin layer of fluoride-rich material to your child’s tooth. The fluoride will attract calcium and phosphates to the enamel, strengthening the teeth.
- Dental Sealants – Sealants are typically applied to the cavity-prone molars. This treatment uses a thin layer of liquid dental resin that is painted onto the rear teeth, and then is hardened using a UV light. The resin transforms into a hard, durable barrier that prevents acid, sugar, and food particles from contacting the enamel directly, preventing cavity formation.
- Sedation Dentistry – We offer gentle dental sedation for kids who are nervous about dental treatment in Issaquah. Depending on your situation, sedation can be used for kids of all ages, and for just about any appointment at our office, including routine cleanings. Contact us for more information, and to learn more about our sedation options.
Read Our Testimonials
“Staff is friendly and waits are very short if any from check in to actually getting the dental work done."
“I can't imagine a better group of people there for my dental needs."
“Great dentistry practice. They listen to your concerns and care about you and your teeth."
“As a physician myself, I value a clear clinical approach, a share decision making style and competent staff."
“I had an emergency and they fit me right in. They were friendly, helpful and kind."
“We Are Here to Help”
“Here at Eastside Family Dentistry, we are dedicated to helping our patients enjoy life to the fullest. We create meaningful relationships to build trust and comfort with each person who walks through our doors. Come in and get to know each of us here at Eastside Family Dentistry, today!”
- Eastside Family Dentistry