Dentures in Issaquah, WA
Dentures are one of the top ways of restoring missing teeth in your mouth. They can be used to replace either a few missing teeth, entire arches where teeth are gone, or the entire mouth if n0 teeth remain. They can give you back your ability to chew and speak and replenish your confidence.
Call us here at Eastside Family Dentistry and find out if dentures would be the best options for you. For most of the patients that come to see us, we are able to figure out a way to provide you with the exact dentures you need quickly!
Traditional dentures are an ideal restorative choice for patients who have a large number of damaged, decayed, or missing teeth. Dentures consist of a special acrylic material which supports a full arch of false teeth, and they are custom-made to fit perfectly in your mouth so they look and feel natural.
Full-arch dentures are made by taking impressions of your upper and lower gums after all of your remaining teeth are extracted. These impressions are used to create your customized denture that will allow you to eat, speak, and smile normally again.
The Benefits of Traditional Dentures
Traditional dentures have a number of benefits, which make them a popular choice for restorative dentistry at Eastside Family Dentistry.
- Cost-effective – Full arch dentures are an affordable way to restore your smile if you have lost most or all of your teeth. In addition, dentures are typically covered by dental insurance.
- Improve your smile – A properly-built set of dentures will look just like your natural teeth, and can even improve the appearance of your smile. You’ll feel better about yourself, and be able to smile, laugh, and eat in public without feeling self-conscious.
- Long-lasting results – Dentures can last between 5-10 years with proper care before they must be relined or replaced.
If you are interested in a more permanent alternative to traditional full-arch dentures, implant-supported dentures are another restorative option. These dentures, instead of simply fitting over your gums, use a set of 4-6 dental implants to support a denture on the upper, lower, or both arches of your mouth.
Implant-supported dentures are typically only recommended for patients who have a healthy mouth and have strong enough gum and jaw tissue to support the implants. Though this treatment costs more initially than traditional dentures, implants can last a lifetime with proper care, which means you won’t need to pay for new dentures every 5-10 years. During your denture consultation, Dr. Cristescu will discuss your needs and goals, and offer honest advice to help you decide which option is best for you and your lifestyle.
The Benefits Of Implant-Supported Dentures
There are many reasons patients choose implant-supported dentures to restore their smile. Here are a few benefits of getting an implant-supported denture from Dr. Alexandra Cristescu:
- Stable and secure – Because implant-supported dentures are permanently attached to a set of dental implants, they are secure and stable, so you don’t have to worry about shifting while you eat or speak.
- Preserves gum and bone tissue – Since dental implants are surgically inserted and act as an artificial tooth root, this keeps the underlying gum and bone tissue strong and intact. The pressure placed on implants when you chew or bite stimulates and strengthens your gum and jaw bone tissue.
- Less maintenance, longer lifespan – Implant-supported dentures do not require maintenance other than caring for your mouth as you normally would by brushing and flossing. With proper care, they can last a lifetime.
Finding Out More About Dentures
If you want to find out if you would be a good candidate for dentures, call us. We can have you come in for an examination, and Dr. Alexandra Cristescu will see what options will work best for your situation. If you are a good candidate for dentures, we can explain to you what the process would entail.
Once faced with your best restorative options, you can then decide how you want to proceed based on what is best for you. Then, we can come up with a treatment plan that gives you the results you are looking for. Call us today!
Read Our Testimonials
“Staff is friendly and waits are very short if any from check in to actually getting the dental work done."
“I can't imagine a better group of people there for my dental needs."
“Great dentistry practice. They listen to your concerns and care about you and your teeth."
“As a physician myself, I value a clear clinical approach, a share decision making style and competent staff."
“I had an emergency and they fit me right in. They were friendly, helpful and kind."
“We Are Here to Help”
“Here at Eastside Family Dentistry, we are dedicated to helping our patients enjoy life to the fullest. We create meaningful relationships to build trust and comfort with each person who walks through our doors. Come in and get to know each of us here at Eastside Family Dentistry, today!”
- Eastside Family Dentistry